Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Change of Plans

I had originally hoped to fit in my tempo run today, but it was icy out this morning, my legs were really sore, and my last rest day from running was January 28th, so I thought I should listen to my body and take today off. 

I took the time that I would have spent running and worked on getting some wedding planning things done instead.  Today we are nine months away from our wedding day and The Knot is telling me that I'm way behind on my to-do list.  I contacted the photographer we'd like to have and set up a meeting with him tomorrow afternoon.  I also contacted the DJ we're thinking of using and got some price quotes with him, and I looked into some pricing for save-the-date magnets.  I'm hoping we can get a lot of these things wrapped up and set in the next few weeks so I don't have as much looming over my head.  And, not related to the wedding, I researched massage places in my area and made an appointment for a sports massage on Monday, which is much needed.

Lunch was a slight variation on a "recipe" I found on Pinterest: cottage cheese, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes.


I did head out for a very low stress yoga class this afternoon.  It was very relaxing, except for the head rolling, which felt great on my neck but made me dizzy after a while.  Since Whole Foods is right next to the studio I've been going to for the past few days and I was crazy hungry, I decided to pick up dinner for me and Scott there, chicken tamales


and a cold salad that I think they had labeled as a red quinoa tex mex salad.  It wasn't really spicy, but it was delicious.  I think it was one of Scott's first experiences with quinoa.


Tonight's plans include foam rolling, vegging out with Scott, and probably falling asleep early because I am really tired and I need to get up relatively early tomorrow to get in a planned 7 miler before heading to community yoga at my local lululemon.

Did you eat anything good today?
What's your favorite cold salad?
What are your plans for Friday night?
 

14 comments:

  1. hehe when I was engaged, the knot kept telling me i was behind too! the wedding will still happen and it will be wonderful and memorable :)

    my husby made burgers for us tonight! yummy! my favorite cold salad is caesar salad...i could eat it all day.
    i think later tonight we are going to have root beer floats and play "ticket to ride" at our BFFs :) vegging sounds good too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the assurance. :) Burgers and root beer floats sound like a perfect Friday night meal. Hope you had a fun night!

      Delete
  2. I used to buy that red quinoa salad from Whole Foods all the time! It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really tasty. I have a feeling I'll be buying more in the future.

      Delete
  3. Aww, how did the meeting with the photographer go?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went really well! We liked him a lot and signed a contract and made an initial payment.

      Delete
  4. You deserved a day off running for sure. I personally take one day totally off every week. I find that my body needs it. Your tamales and tex-mex salad look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, half of me says that I should take a day off and the other half says that a short recovery run could be better because it would get some blood moving through my legs which could help with healing and recovery.

      Delete
  5. You have inspired me to start back up with my yoga classes! After the marathon for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I think running and yoga compliment each other so well. I hope you enjoy the yoga/running combo as much as I do!

      Delete
  6. Where do you live? I noticed you mention Wheaton, IL. I grew up in Palatine then lived in Chicago before moving to San Diego. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm living in Bolingbrook now, so pretty close! It absolutely is a small world. :)

      Delete
  7. I had a good burrito today with lime/cilantro flavored rice. I think I'm making tamales for the first time next week. Your post made me think that chicken tamales might be good to try. Hope the wedding plans go well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope your tamales turn out well. :) They are so tasty.

      Delete