Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday Fitness

It was snowy and pretty cold with the wind chill this morning, so I decided to take my long run to the treadmill.  It never got too cold to run outside in South Carolina, so I'm having a little bit of a shock (although I did expect this) after moving to the Chicago area.  Days like today are why I asked Scott for my treadmill for my birthday/Christmas and it has been getting plenty of use.

My view from the treadmill.

He actually set things up pretty nicely for me with my TV and Blu-ray player, and he got me a nice fan for Christmas, which helps move the air around.  I've been watching Season One of Dollhouse on my runs lately (after making it through Firefly --yes, I am a Whedon fan), which helps keep me from getting too bored.

I ran 11 miles at a really slow pace, but I was in the right heart rate zone, so I'm trying to be okay with my speed (or lack thereof).  I'm really working on listening to my body pace-wise and running at the correct effort based on heart rate as I try to gain back my speed and fitness.

I stretched, had some of my favorite recovery drink for after long runs, Endurox R4 , showered, and then did a little bit of yoga.  Because I was still working on getting things stretched out after my run and I didn't want anything too strenuous, I went with my Power Yoga Flexibility DVD.



I actually really like this video if I want a quick (it's only 25 minutes long) yoga workout to get in some stretching.  It's not as tough as an hour-long power yoga or vinyasa class, so it works well for me if I don't to add too much stress to my body.  And, getting in the small bit of yoga gave me a chance to try out this new lululemon headband I picked up on Saturday when I went to my local store's community yoga.  (It was fantastic, by the way.  I love their Fly Away Tamer headbands.)

I'm really loving the new Frond green color lulu is putting out!

Now I'm chilling out and watching the Puppy Bowl with my dogs.  They don't seem nearly as interested in it as I am.


I hope all of you are having a great Sunday!

What are your plans for the day? 
Anyone else watching the Puppy Bowl?
What do you like to do when you run on the treadmill?
 

4 comments:

  1. AWWW your pup looks like my old dog. she was a full bred collie, miss her! We watched some of the puppy bowl, I think if it had been cats my husband would have watched the whole thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute headband and good for you for getting in your long run on the treadmill! I debated doing that this morning but I couldn't stomach spending 2 hours on a treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet puppy!!! He's so cute! Great job running 11 miles on a treadmill girl!!! Even with tv I don't know if I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that headband! I went to my neighbor's house for the Super Bowl and left a little bit after the halftime show. I like watching the news if I'm on the 'mill or most times I just zone out to music!!

    ReplyDelete